To become a member of the International Association of Attorneys for Family-Held Enterprises (afhe), an individual must be nominated by an afhe member in good standing. If you do not know any afhe member, please contact us.
Members are in one of two categories:
- Regular Membership - For licensed attorneys engaged in the private practice of law on a continuing and active basis, or in-house counsel at a privately-held enterprise or within a family controlled public company
- Adjunct Membership - For non-attorneys with an interest in privately held enterprises or employed at a family controlled company.
Benefits of Membership include:
- All afhe members will receive full membership in both afhe and FFI for one very low annual fee: $595 for Regular Members and Adjunct Members; $350 for Additional Members
- afhe hosts an annual conference. Read what attendees have to say about the conferences.
- A very favorable afhe dues rate includes membership in both afhe and FFI beginning with the 2013 calendar year
- A network of peers and colleagues who share your interests and concerns in this multi- disciplinary, specialized area of the law
- Discounted rates for both the afhe and FFI Annual Conferences (CLE credit can be obtained at afhe conferences)
- A discount of at least 10% (and up to 20%) on FFI’s Global Education Network on-line certificate course, the FFI “Fast Track” certificate program, and the FFI Advanced Certificate in Family Business/Family Wealth Advising
- A listing in the afhe and FFI member directories, and 10% off a listing in the FFI Consultants & Speakers Directory
- Access to afhe's library of past conference material
- A $20 savings on an annual subscription to Family Business Magazine (offered at the afhe special rate of $59; normally $79)
- Complimentary annual subscription to Family Business Review
- Access to archives of the Family Business Review
- A subscription to FFI on Friday, a weekly members only electronic newsletter and The FFI Practitioner, a weekly e-journal
- Participation in FFI chapters and study groups and access to afhe and FFI LinkedIn members only groups
The membership application form must be completed. To assist the membership committee in evaluation of your qualifications, please briefly describe your legal practice, the time and attention devoted to privately-held enterprise issues and clients, and information about training and education programs you have attended. .
Afhe is an organizational member of the Family Firm Institute (FFI). Afhe members receive a complimentary membership to FFI a $715 value. For more information about FFI, please visit http://www.ffi.org.
Membership will not be denied on the basis of race, creed, gender, nationality, age, or other similar factors unrelated to the practice of law.
For membership information, please contact: